This Beginner Angler's Course aims to introduce fishing to those interested in trying out fishing or searching for a new hobby. It will be completed within a day on the scenic Lazarus Island, one of Singapore's best kept secrets. You will learn both the basic theory and practical aspects of fishing during a weekend getaway.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to use a fishing setup confidently and know how to handle a fish that is caught.
- Two way ferry ticket to island.
- Beginner Angler's course handbook.
- Beginner Angler's fishing starter kit.
- Lunch (optional - additional $10 per pax for lunch).
- Tea break (Drinks and light refreshments).
- Bait for fishing.
- Ice for keeping fish.
- MFFA certificate upon completion of course.
- Entitled to purchase beginner fishing combo set at highly subsidised price.
08:30 am - Gather at Marina South Pier.
09:00 am - Ferry departs Marina South Pier.
09:30 am - Ferry arrives at Lazarus Island.
09:45 am - Theory lessons.
11:30 am - Lunch break.
12:30 pm - Practical lessons part 1.
02:00 pm - Tea Break.
02:30 pm - Practical lessons part 2.
04:00 pm - Course quiz.
04:30 pm - Ferry departs for mainland.
05:00 pm - Ferry arrives at Marina South Pier.
The schedule stated above are for reference only and may subject to changes depending on the trip conditions.
Lazarus Island, Singapore (Meeting at Marina South Pier).
Other important information
All ages from 5 years old and above.
5-12 year olds must be accompanied by at least an adult who is taking the course.
- Minimum 6 students are required for the course to be conducted. Groups and individuals will be combined to form a class.
- No experience required.
- Fishing equipment and accessories are provided free of charge to all students of the fishing academy.
Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be out in nature all day.
- Theory lessons are conducted under shelter. You will expect to be seated on the ground during the course. Shorts or pants are recommended.
- Dates are subject to supplier's availability.